Chris (Fangorn) Baker
Progress Report 1 now available for download here.
Covid 19:  We know this is an uncertain and worrying time for everyone so we thought we would clarify our position.
The Novacon 50 team are still working to bring you a brilliant celebratory convention. At the moment we will be holding our meetings on line to keep ourselves safe.
So working on the assumption that we will see you all in November, we will be ready to go.
In the meantime stay safe.
Alice & Tony
No one would have believed, in the early days of the 1970s, that sf fandom in the UK could support more than one convention a year. Yet across the void that is known as Birmingham, fans more adventurous than most regarded the idea of a second annual gathering with envious eyes. And slowly and surely drew up their plans to run an sf convention every November in the Midlands.
So it was that in 1971 the Aston Science Fiction Group launched Novacon. Within a year they had handed over the controls to the newly-resurrected Birmingham Science Fiction Group and, almost a half century later, plans to hold Novacon 50 are well under way.
At Novacon 50 you will find:
- SF authors, many of whom have come up through the ranks of SF fandom.
- A dealers room where you can find a wide selection of new fiction, second hand books and collectable books, books about sf and even graphic novels.
- A bar filled with like minded people happy to chat for hours about anything under the sun even Science Fiction.
- Serious science talks from professionals who know what they are talking about.
- An Art Show featuring original work by both professional and amateur artists. Many of the works shown are available to buy.